Home Local Why no independent probe into Easter Sunday Attacks? My son was blown...

Why no independent probe into Easter Sunday Attacks? My son was blown to pieces (Video)

2721

Archbishop of Colombo, Malcolm Cardinal Ranjith demanded to know why the government did not hold an independent probe into the Easter Sunday carnage. Speaking at a special service at the St. Anthony’s Shrine in Kochchikade, the Cardinal said the government had come to power, promising immediate action against those responsible for the attacks.

Unless the truth about the attacks was uncovered it would become a curse for the rulers and people, the Cardinal said, adding that ever since the attacks, the country had been plagued by catastrophes. Those who came to power using the Easter Sunday attacks will not be able to hold on to power for long,” the Cardinal said.

Meanwhile the relatives and kin of the Easter Attack victims expressed their views regarding the tragic loss of their loved ones and the delays in meting out justice.

The Archbishop of Colombo said that they had done everything in their power to get to the bottom of the Easter Sunday attacks. The only option available was to seek divine intervention to punish those behind the attacks, he said.

“Patron Saint of this church, St. Anthony will also intervene on behalf of us.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here